Select the best toilets for your home
Comparing water saving toilets?
Ensure that you select the best toilets for your home. When comparing low flow toilets there are other features to consider other than water saving potential.
If its primarily water and energy savings you desire, then choosing a high efficiency water saving toilet or a dual flush toilet will make the most sense for you.
Remember to look for the water sense logo, this seal of approval will ensure that the low flush toilet has been tested and meets the required 1.28 gallons per flush or less threshold.
But it's important to note that there are other important features that may very well determine which particular models are the best toilets for your home.
The flush valve, or toilet flapper, is the mechanism in the bottom of the toilet tank that releases the water into the toilet bowl.
A larger flush valve usually translates into a faster flow of water, and more importantly, a more complete flush.
- 2 to 2 7/8 inch flush valve (Sufficient but Standard)
- 3 to 3 7/8 inch flush valve (Considerably Better Flush)
- 4 to 4 1/4 inch flush valve (Exceptional Flush)
When comparing low flow toilets carefully consider the outlet size. The toilet outlet is the plumbing fixture from which the water and waste exit.
So naturally the larger the outlet size of a low flow toilet, the better the overall flushing performance.
- 1 3/4 to 2 inch outlet (Sufficient and Good)
- 2 1/8 to 2 1/4 inch outlet (Considerably Better)
- 2 3/8 to 2 1/2 inch outlet (Exceptional Flush)
Don't sacrifice comfort for water savings
In order to ensure you choose the best toilets for your home, comfort can not be over looked. The water saving benefits of low flush toilets are undeniably attractive. But if you don't have to compromise on the overall flushing performance, then why should you compromise on your overall comfort?
The first step to ensuring your comfort when selecting a low flush toilet is choosing a proper bowl height for your home.
- Standard height is 14 inches to 15 inches from the ground.
- Chair height is 16 inches to 17 inches from the ground, ideal for most average size adults. And ideal for those with disabilities due to better wheel chair accessibility.
The bowl shape is as over looked as the bowl height . Ensure that you select the best toilets for your home by choosing the bowl shape thats more comfortable for you and your family.
- Round front bowls ideal for installation in tight or small spaces.
- Elongated bowls provides extra sitting room and instantly increases overall comfort.
- Compact elongated bowls provide the best of both worlds, the comfort of elongated toilet bowls while taking up as little space as round front shaped bowls.
In order to select the best flushing toilets
it helps to understand
the different flushing methods that water saving toilets use